In this article you will learn how to fix QuickBooks Desktop update errors. To know more call QuickBooks Error Support.
Fix update errors in QuickBooks for Desktop with the help of general troubleshooting information provided below. Enter the error number or error message in the Search field for more information on specific errors.
Follow the steps below if there is no specific error message or the error is one of the following:
- 12157, 12038, 12037
Solution 1: By checking the system date and time on the computer.
- Interference in the update process can be caused due to incorrect system date or time on your PC.
- In order to check the system date and time on the PC:
- Select Adjust Date/Time, by right-clicking on your system clock present on the desktop.
- Click on Change date and time and the set the current date and time.
- Click on OK twice.
- Now, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop and run the update of QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 2: By checking your Internet Connection Settings
- Internet connection can also cause update issues
- Open a web browser and visit Chase banking in order to test your secure Internet connection.
- You won’t get updates from QuickBooks if you cannot open the Chase banking page. You can also Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) in case you need help further.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop if you can view the Chase banking web site and follow the steps, given below:
- Select Internet Connection Setup from the help menu.
- To establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet, click on my computer’s Internet connection settings.
- Click on Next.
- Choose Advanced Connection Settings.
- Select Restore Advanced Settings on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Ok and Done.
- Now, try updating QuickBooks Desktop again.
Please mind the following points:
- There can be interference with the download process because of download accelerators. Make sure you disable your download accelerator before you start downloading updates. For more information, contact your ISP.
- Verify your minimum connection speed if you use a dial-up connection. It should be about 28.8 kilobits per second (Kb/s).
- Log on to AOL if you are using the same. If possible, log in with the master login name. Make sure that Parental Controls settings are not enabled. See AOL’s online support for more information.
- Open internet security or personal firewall application settings
- Internet security or firewall settings can also cause inference with updates.
- Make sure you check your configuration of your Internet security and personal firewall software settings.
Access must be provided to the following files:
- exe, Dbmlsync.exe, DBManagerExe.exe, FileManagement.exe, FileMovementExe.exe, IntuitSyncManager.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, QBGDSPlugin.exe, QBLaunch.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, QBW32.exe,QuickBooksMessaging.exe
- Also, make Ports 80 and 443 must are enabled
- The QuickBooks Database server uses a fallback port, 56719 if all the ports given above are used by some other processes.
Call QuickBooks Supports to know more about configuring the specific firewall ports for the version of QuickBooks desktop you are using.
To know more on how to fix update errors in QuickBooks desktop, call on our QuickBooks Error Support Number. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information visit, www.quickbooksupport.net .