If you are thinking to merge various company files in QuickBooks Desktop, then your mind is working in right direction to give a lookout to your presentation of company file in QuickBooks. You will have much more conceptualized view of companies by merging reports using QuickBooks Desktop.
But, make sure you are aware of these points, before you combine files to make a single report:
- Draw your Chart of Accounts more readable in your company file
- Accounts could only be merged if they acquire the same name, same type
- You must sort all types of account then try to merge them
To resolve this issue, feel free to follow these instructions given by our QuickBooks Support team;
Step 1: Merge reports in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
In QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you can merge reports from multiple company files like:
- Balance Sheet Standard
- Balance Sheet Summary
- Profit & Loss Standard
- Profit & Loss by Class
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Trial Balance
To combine reports, follow the instructions as described:
- In the QuickBooks Reports menu, click on Combine Reports from Multiple Companies.
- Choose Add Files, search for the other company file, then click on Open.
- Repeat the above steps for additional files.
- Below click on reports for combining, choose the reports you want to merge.
- Click on the report From and To date range, then choose a report basis.
- Click on Combine Reports in Excel.
- A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet will be opened with all the details merged after
If you are not able to combine instantly dial QuickBooks Customer Care Number.
Step 2: Use a third party software
Step 3: Manually export reports from each file and combine using Microsoft Excel
- In QuickBooks Desktop, try to open your first company file.
- On the chosen report, export to an Excel worksheet and save the workbook.
- Then similarly open the second company file.
- Generate the same report, then again export to a new worksheet in the same and click on Save.
- Open Microsoft Excel and open the workbook.
- Now, you are set to manually combine the two reports into a third worksheet.
- Save the workbook as final.
This have indeed solved the issue of combining multiple files into single file. You are free to contact us on our toll free number of QuickBooks Customer Care Number @ 1-800-731-1629 and you can also drop a mail to us at email@example.com.