What if you are thinking to switch company file of QuickBooks from Mac to Windows, you are needed to follow some instructions, but do you really know complete steps to do so. In this competitive market it is not everyone who are using Windows some are using Mac and some are using some other. But you must know to resolve the issue on your operating system. But you need not to be panic, our team will teach you and update you on same.
Follow the methods given by our team, you can also dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number
Method 1: Update QuickBooks
Before you make a start to any of the application, you must update QuickBooks for Mac. Follow the instructions given by QuickBooks
- In the QuickBooks drop-down menu, click onCheck for QuickBooks Updates.
- If the new version of QuickBooks is available, click on Install Update.
- When the box is displayed, choose to Install and Re launch.
- Once the updations is completed, the QuickBooks for Mac will be opened automatically.
To install the latest version
- Take your cursor to QuickBooks Product Updates.
- Click on [Change] to choose your QuickBooks Desktop version which you are using.
- Click on Download to download the installer file to your computer.
- Double-click on the file you downloaded downloaded .dmg file.
- Take the QuickBooks Desktop icon to the Applications folder so that installation process can be completed.
If only by updations, your issue is resolved, then you are set to go else either try for next step or contact on QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
Method 2: Get your company file ready
Remove all special characters from your memo like @, !, %, $ and many more
Method 3: Make a conversion in your company file
- Log in to your QuickBooks company file as an admin with the credentials you are having.
- In the File menu, click on Export. Choose To QuickBooks for Windows.
- If the dialog box is shown to verify before taking the backup, choose Verify.
- Name that specified file and select the folder in which you want to save the file in. Then, click on Save.
- Type and confirm your password and click on OK.
- Choose OK on the confirmation window.
- Transfer the file to your Windows computer. You can also perform this with the additional drive like any external drive USB flash drive, cloud storage, or email.
- Restore the file in QuickBooks for Windows.
- Double click on QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Click on the File menu, then choose Open or Restore Company
- Restore the file based on its classification:
- Windows company file (.qbw)
- Click to open a company file, then choose Next.
- Open the folder where you have saved the file, then select the company file.
- Click on Open, then type the password.
- Windows backup file (.qbb)
- Windows portable file (.qbm)
- Mac company file (.dmg or .qbxxx)(XX denotes the version of QuickBooks you are using)
- Windows company file (.qbw)
This might have solved your bug and now you will be able to troubleshoot the error you come across. If still you are stuck in between these errors, you may contact on our toll free number QuickBooks Customer Support Number @ 1-800-731-1629 and you can also mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact with our executives available 24*7 to guide you in most efficient manner.