You must be thinking about getting this QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 but this is quite a common error which occurs in QuickBooks. Many of our clients face this issue while running QuickBooks Desktop. You face this QuickBooks Error when you are trying to open the company file. In this post we will guide you about the ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6123, 0. The simplest way to resolve this issue is either closing some of the running programs or doing some modifications in files of QuickBooks.
In this guide we will brief you about various methods of solving this issue it is totally your choice which method your issue will get solved.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 at the time of Opening a Company file?
Solution 1: Remove special characters from the file name
Verify the file name of your company
- Whether it contains 30 characters or less
- Do it carry any special characters or spaces
Solution 2: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub try to fix common errors of QuickBooks.
- Close to exit from QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file. Save the file where you want to save it so that it can be easily opened.
- Now, you try to open the file you downloaded with extension (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the screen steps carefully and click on to install and choose I agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is finished, right-click on the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
If your error is solved then you are successful else you can call our QuickBooks Error Support
Solution 3: Run Quick Fix my Program
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, click on Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program. It will take few minutes to run program. If you have multiple versions installed on your computer of QuickBooks, it will take more time.
- Once Quick Fix my Program has finished its task, open QuickBooks and confirm whether your issue is resolved or not.
If you are still facing QuickBooks Error -6123, 0, proceed towards Solution 4.
Solution 4: Run File Doctor
If Quick Fix my Program is not working properly, you can access QuickBooks File Doctor Repair tool to repair your QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks File Doctor scans and resolves automatically QuickBooks Desktop data errors. You are free to call QuickBooks Error Support.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, click on Company File Issues.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When QuickBooks File Doctor gets opened, click on your company file in the drop-down menu. If you are not able to see it, click to Browse to find your computer for the file.
- The file will be displayed like: [your company name].qbw.
- Click to Check your file, then choose Continue.
- Type your QuickBooks admin password, then click on Continue. File Doctor will start automatically repair your file. This can take few minutes.
- Once the repair is finished, click on your company from the list, then choose Open QuickBooks.
If you are able to open your company file without any issues it means now there is no error and you will be able to run bug free accounting. Make sure to take a backup of your company file when it will be opened.
For any insight queries or errors, feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Error support @ 1-800-731-1629 or you can also drop us a mail at support @quickbooksupport.net. Our experts are so active that whenever you will call our support they will revert you within next 24 hrs.