PIN can be defined as Personal Identification Number basically it is a company password which is your Payroll service. These PINs avails issues of security to company to avoid unauthorized transaction from your bank account. PIN will be required to:
- Transmit Payroll to Payroll service
- Contact the Payroll Tax Center (PTC) to see or print tax returns that Assisted Payroll files for you.
- Contact your company’s Account Maintenance pages to change your bank account number.
To modify your PIN, characters should be unique, no special characters to be inserted; length should be between 8-12 characters .There are two options which are available in QuickBooks Desktop so that you can change or customize your PIN.
Modify or customize your current PIN in Account Maintenance Pages.
- To modify or customize your current PIN in Account Maintenance pages, you must have your latest PIN because requirement of the system is entering the latest PIN to create a new PIN.
- Select Employees
- Click on My Payroll Service
- Select Billing/Bank Information.
To Modify or Customize your current PIN in send Payroll Data Window
You must follow these steps to modify or customize current PIN:
- Now, you can log in QuickBooks Desktop as Admin
- On the toolbar, Select Employees and then choose Send Payroll Data
- In the Send/Receive Payroll Data window, click the Send button.
- In the Payroll Service PIN window tab, click on Forgot your PIN?
- Type your Admin password in the Password field.
- Select OK. Enter New PIN window opens.
- Type a new PIN when prompted.
- Choose Submit button.
If at all you don’t remember your old PIN then you must change your PIN in QuickBooks Desktop. Indeed this post is very useful in making you out from errors/glitches, if still faces error you can readily call us at our QuickBooks Payroll support @ 1-800-731-1629 and you can also leave us mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.