Find out how to fix any payroll error when you are using QuickBooks Desktop
As we all know the largest expense of the company is “Payroll” and it become more complicated when error is made. Payroll Error is the issues which we face at the time of running software or upgrading the site. This article will help you out in resolving QuickBooks Payroll error PS038. What are the reasons for this error and how to resolve it?
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038 occurs when you want to update QuickBooks Payroll and a message appears to update the Payroll because it was last updated in older version with which some of the files can’t be opened.
How to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038
- Restart your system >> Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open Employees >> My Profile Service >> Send Payroll Data.
- If sending is successful, reattempt to get the payroll update.
- If still sending is unsuccessful, contact us for QuickBooks Payroll Support.
If you still facing any problem while resolving Payroll Error Ps038 follow the below mentioned steps:
- Most importantly, take the backup of your company file.
- Select Edit >> File, then click on Advanced Tab.
- Click on Filter Section, click on Detail Level, and right click on summary.
- Follow the third step again and click on Online to Send.
- Select the Find button to look for Paychecks.
- Record all the details of the paychecks >> send data to Excel >> click Save.
- Now, start with the first check from the list.
- Locate and then open the paycheck.
- Select the paycheck Details.
- Enter same earning items – last earning items through review paychecks.
- You will receive a message Net Pay Locked. Select No >> close.
- Select Rate field from new earnings item you just have added.
- Check that the Net Pay and the taxes did not get changed.
- Select Ok to save all changes.
- If you receive any Past Transaction message, select yes.
- Select Save and Close so that paycheck can be closed.
- Open your paycheck once again.
- Select Paycheck Details.
- Delete all the earnings items that you had added in Earnings section.
- Check that the Net Pay and the Taxes should not be changed.
- Click OK to save all the changes.
- Select Save & Close so that you can close the paycheck.
- You have to repeat the steps for each and every paycheck.
- Once you are over with above steps, try to send Usage Data once again.
You must check that you are on latest tax payable.
Below Employee menu >> Get payroll updates >> Select Update
Once Payroll Update is complete you will now be able to create and send payroll.
If your issues are still left or you are struggling with this error. For further assistance feel free to contact our QuickBooks Customer Support Number our team will surely help you out in resolving and you will take a sigh of relief.