Learn about usage limits and your best options, if you reach one.
In early 2019, usage limits were added to QuickBooks Online plans in the U.S. These affect how many users, classes and locations, and chart of accounts elements you can have.
For the first six months after we introduced these changes, you were able to stay in your current plan even if you were over those limits.
Starting in October 2019, QuickBooks Online will no longer support accounts that exceed their plan’s usage limits.
What do I need to do?
Important: Action should be taken before October 28 to make sure that you can access your account.
Firstly, sign in to your account to see if you’re over a limit.
In QuickBooks Online:
- Go to the Settings ⚙ icon and select Account and Settings.
- Select Usage.
In QuickBooks Online Accountant:
- Go to the Settings ⚙ icon and select Usage Details.
- Select See status to see if your client is exceeding usage limits.
To avoid any disturbance, reduce your usage, or upgrade to QuickBooks Online Advanced.
Accounts that are over a limit may be suspended on your next renewal date, starting Monday, October 28,
For example, if you use 251 chart of accounts and use QuickBooks Online Plus you’ll need to upgrade to Advanced to match your usage needs or reduce your data to within the limits for Plus.
- If you have any changes in your plan contact your accountant, if you subscribe through them.
- If case you have multiple companies, you’ll have to check the usage for each company.
What are my plan’s usage limits?
QuickBooks Online has usage limits. Usage limits depend on your plan. To know the plan that you have subscribed:
- Go to the Settings⚙ icon and select Account and Settings.
- Select Billing and Subscription, and then check your plan details.
|QuickBooks Online plan limits|
|Classes and locations (combined)||0<||0||40||No limit|
|Chart of accounts||250||No limit|
|Other user types (unbilled):|
|Reports-only||0||No limit||No limit|
|Time tracking-only||0||No limit|
- Only active accounts, classes, and locations count towards the limit.
- The user limits also count pending invites you’ve sent (until they’re automatically removed in 90 days).
- Billable users are admin, standard, and custom users.
How to know if I’m over the limit?
Here’s how, you can know if you’re below or above the limit.
A new filter in the Lists view for Chart of Accounts, Classes and Locations is being introduced that will help you to understand which items count towards limits. This will manifest a list of all the items that counts toward the limit:
- Select either Chart of Accounts, Classes, or Locations.
- Beside the Filter by name field, select the drop-down.
- Choose Counts toward limits.
Limit indicator banner
If you’re in the Chart of Accounts, Classes, or Locations page, an indicator banner at the top of the page will tell you if you’re below limit or exceeded your limit.
Usage Limits dashboard
Your usage limits dashboard will help you know how many items you have for each usage limit. To open the dashboard:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online and select the Settings⚙ icon.
- Select Account and Settings.
- Select the Usage
Important: If the usage tab is not visible to you, contact the admin user.
What happens with my suspended account?
To reactivate your account after it’s been suspended, you’ll need to call us.
For the time period that your account is suspended:
- Your QuickBooks data and transactions will be visible to you for a year. But you won’t be able to add new transactions or change anything.
- You can’t reduce your usage.
- You can export datato Excel or a desktop version of QuickBooks.
- If you signed up for QuickBooks Online Payroll through your QuickBooks subscription, your Payroll subscription will also be suspended.
How to upgrade?
If you want information about upgrading, you can look for QuickBooks Advanced features and pricing. Or if you’re eager to know about what QuickBooks Advanced looks like and can do, you are always welcome to test it for free in Test Drive.
In case you upgrade and then downgrade back to QuickBooks Plus, Essentials, or Simple Start, you’ll have to reduce everything to their usage limits when you downgrade.
How to get below the limits?
See these articles for steps.
- You can manage classes and locations, or if you’re using classes to track projects, now you can use the Projects feature instead.
- Make an account inactive for the chart of accounts.
- You can also manage account users.
What are the locations, classes, and chart of accounts?
Locations and Classes
You track your income and expenses in QuickBooks Online Plus or Advanced with the help of Location Tracking and Class Tracking feature. Class tracking states a different class for each particular line of a transaction. You can assign a location to entire transaction with the help of Location tracking.
Chart of accounts
The chart of accounts forms the backbone of accounting software. All types of assets, liabilities, income, and expenses are written down here in an account or sub-account.
Chart of Accounts, Classes and Locations are counted towards limits when they are:
- Added in your QuickBooks Online account by you or someone with permissions.
- Generated by a third-party application, you or someone with permissions has connected to your QuickBooks Online account* (these apps are allowed to add above the usage limits).
They do not count towards limits when they are:
- Created by QuickBooks Online at sign up or from usage of services such as:
- Sales tax
- Produced by QuickBooks Services that you or someone with permissions has connected to your QuickBooks Online account, such as:
- Intuit Payroll
- QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Imported into QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop
Third-party apps have access to continue to add to your chart of accounts that excess the usage limit. But you won’t be allowed to manually add to your chart of accounts, classes and locations yonder than usage limit and will have to update to QuickBooks Online Advanced or reduce list in these areas.
You may call our QuickBooks Customer Care Support USA executive on our toll-free number. There are other mediums also to contact us. You may contact us to visit our website portal @ www.quickbooksupport.net or even reach out to us by sending us an email at email@example.com.