If you are having a problem in opening your QuickBooks desktop then you have come to the right place. In this article you will learn troubleshooting steps that will help you in resolving problems related to QuickBooks program and QuickBooks Company file so that you can resume your business in no time. To know more you can call QuickBooks technical support.
Solution 1: Try to open the QuickBooks Company File directly from QuickBooks Desktop
If you are having a problem with only one company file and not with the program itself you can perform the steps given below. Moving your company file to your Windows desktop can help if there are any folder permission issues.
• Select Open or restore company from the QuickBooks File menu.
• For the type of file that you are trying to open, select the needed radio button.
• Find the location of the file.
• Click on the file and select Open.
Note: If you are opening a .QBX, .QBB or .QBM file, you will be prompted to choose the location where you wish to restore the file.
Solution 2: Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop Windows doesn’t opens automatically
Try suppressing those windows from opening automatically if there are many of them opening.
• Select the company file on the No Company Open window.
• Select Open by pressing the ALT key.
If QuickBooks displays a log in window,
• Type in the password
• Press and hold the ALT key
• Select OK.
Until and unless the company file opens fully or an error message is displayed do not let go off the ALT key.
Follow the steps given bellow if you are unable to open the company file without error.
• Select Preferences from the Edit menu.
• Select Desktop View and click on Don’t save the desktop.
• Select OK.
Solution 3: Renaming the .TLG and .ND Extensions on Your QuickBooks Company Files
If the TLG and ND files are damaged (these are the special file types that accompanies your company file) renaming them to old can help you in opening the file.
• Open the folder where the company file is saved.
• Right-click the transaction log files and rename it to company file name (OLD.qbw.TLG). Having the same name as the company file with a .tlg file extension.
• Quick tip: you can use the same process to rename the .ND file.
• Click on the company file. New .TLG and .ND files will be automatically created by QuickBooks.
• It is not recommended to delete the .TLG files as it can be used to recover lost data.
• Always copy the transaction log file with the company file when you are moving data from one computer to another to prevent the error from occurring again.
To know more and resolve your issues you can call QuickBooks technical Support on 1 ( 877 ) 227 2303. You can also write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of experts is 24/7 available to provide you instant support at any hour of the day. They have full understanding of the software and give apt solutions to your problems. Feel free to reach us. Visit our website quickbooksupport.net