Learn how to move your QuickBooks Self-Employed data to QuickBooks Online.
Is your business growing quickly? Congrats on your success! If you need more tools to keep up with your bookkeeping, consider upgrading to QuickBooks Self-Employed with TurboTax or adding QuickBooks Live.
If you need even more room to grow, move on to QuickBooks Online. When you’re ready to switch, we’ll show you how to import your data and switch your subscription.
Note: You currently can’t switch from QuickBooks Self-Employed to QuickBooks Desktop. You also can’t go back to QuickBooks Self-Employed once you switch to QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: You can save your financial reports.
Before you start, download all of your work from QuickBooks Self-Employed. This is optional, but it’s a good idea to hold on to your work for your records.
- In QuickBooks Self-Employed, go to the Reports menu.
- In the Tax details section, select a tax year.
- Select Download to get a Tax Details report.
- Download a report for each tax year you have in QuickBooks.
- Repeat the following actions above for your Profit and Loss, Mileage Log, and Receipts.
Step 2: Move your data to QuickBooks Online.
Check whether you can automatically move your data into QuickBooks Online. Select the Gear icon and select Billing info.
If you see the Explore QuickBooks Online plans, select it to start the upgrade.
If you don’t see this option, don’t worry. It means you’ll need to manually move your data. We’ll show you how to do that in the next section.
If you see the Explore QuickBooks option.
Check out the different QuickBooks Online plans. When you decide the one that’s best for you:
- Select Switch plan or Choose plan for the QuickBooks Online plan you want.
- Follow the on-screen steps. Note: If you want to save a copy of your reports before you move everything, select the Download your reports link.
- Select Bring my data if you want to choose which data you move over. If you don’t want to move any data and start fresh, select Start fresh.
- When you’re ready to move your data to QuickBooks Online, select To QuickBooks Online. If you see a billing info review screen, select Change plan to start.
The transfer can take some time. When it’s done, you’re ready to start your new accounting experience in QuickBooks Online. In case you experience any challenge, nevertheless, you can dial our QuickBooks customer care number and take help of our innovative specialists who will be happy to assist you. You can even write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And you can even Visit – www.quickbooksupport.net for more information. Stay in touch with our executives 24 * 7 to guide you.