Are you attempting to establish a new QuickBooks company file? That is no longer a challenging task. You don’t have to start from beginning when creating a new QuickBooks company file from an existing one. Instead, you can get a head start by using the copy, user accounts, customer lists, vendor lists, templates, and preferences from an existing company file.
Even if you’re new to QuickBooks or a seasoned pro, this tutorial will help you get the most out of it. We’ve covered all of the possibilities for converting an old QB company file to a new one. Please don’t hesitate to contact QuickBooks customer care if you run into any problems.
Before you do that, consider the following procedures.
Remember to read these expert advice’s for a rapid fix
● Ensure that only one company’s subscription has been activated for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, Direct Deposit, E-file, and E-pay.
● Whether you have payroll collected from the past year, QuickBooks might not have been able to delete all activities.
● If you’re having difficulties creating a new file from an existing one, first fix the mistake and then move on.
● Do not begin working on QuickBooks if you have no prior experience with the subject.
From an existing QuickBooks company file, create a new one.
Step 1: Before duplicating your company file, create a backup.
● At first you need to open the QuickBooks.
- Select Switch to Single-user mode from the File tab.
- Tap the File tab once more, then hover your cursor over Backup Company and select Create Local Backup.
- Press Next after selecting Local Backup.
- Click Browse in the Local Backup section, then select a location to save the backup company file.
- Click Ok, then Save It Now, then Next.
- Your company files have become safe, and you may easily make a copy of an existing business file.
Step 2: Make a copy of the QuickBooks company file that already exists.
- Traverse to the company file you wish to copy in QuickBooks Desktop.
- To open the Product Specifications window, press F2 on your keyboard.
- Below File Information, you’ll now see the company file.
- Use the backup to restore the company file as well.
- You can rename the restored file and save it to a new folder, and also rename it.
Step 3: Delete the transactions from the company file that was duplicated.
QuickBooks creates a new company file with the same accounts, lists, templates, and preferences as the backup you just restored. You should remove the files from the duplicated firm files to get a head start. Here’s how to do it.
- To begin, open a new company file.
- Select Utilities from the File menu.
- Select Condense Data from the drop-down menu. Simply Click when offered by a notification that says “remove budget data.”
- Choose All Transactions from the drop-down option in the Condense Data box, and after that click Next.
● Continue to follow the on-screen directions to complete the process of deleting the duplicate transactions.
Step 4: Verify the accounts and delete the transactions manually.
The transactions should be erased once you’ve completed the preceding procedures, but there are a few cases where you’ll need to manually remove them.
● To access the Reports Center, go to the Reports section and click Reports Center.
● Again from drop-down menu, choose Accounts and Taxes, and after that Transaction List by Date.
● Set the date range manually to start just before the oldest duplicated transaction.
● If you see any transactions in the list, remove them manually.
Are you having difficulty generating a new QuickBooks company file? We’re here to help.
Take a glance at the procedures below to see how we created a new QuickBooks company file.
- Create a backup of your business file before copying it.
- Make a copy of the QuickBooks company file that already exists.
- Delete the transactions from the company file that was duplicated.
- Confirm the accounts and delete the transactions manually.
Have you tried the steps above, but still can’t seem to make a new QuickBooks company file from an old one? Don’t be concerned about it! We’ve been using QuickBooks effectively for a long time and continue to manage the challenges for ourselves and our clients. Simply call our QuickBooks customer care number, listen to the professional advice, and then put it into practice to build a QuickBooks company file. In case of any doubt, please email us at email@example.com. You can get solutions to your QuickBooks questions by going to the website www.quickbooksupport.net.