There are times where a user updates Windows and attempts to open, but is unable to do so, the QuickBooks app account. When users attempt to, an unexpected error occurs
Right after the Windows update, they open their QuickBooks account. Customers experience QuickBooks not opening every now and then after a Windows Update Mistake. Any technical difficulties on the QuickBooks server or Windows server may be the key reason. To prevent minor errors like this, it is advisable for users to periodically upgrade their QuickBooks desktop application programme to the most recent version.
When a user performs a certain task on the QuickBooks programme, this error will occur. Since it is a common mistake, the entire functionality of the application software is interrupted. This would contribute to the delay and excessive consumption of business hours in the assigned job task. As soon as possible, it is easier to correct the mistake.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Failing to Open After Windows Update
The triggers of QuickBooks not opening after a Windows update error are as follows:
- In an operating device, a corrupted or damaged hard drive.
- The consumer might have a long file name for the business that exceeds the set cap.
- The QuickBooks application software may not have been properly configured by users.
- This error will occur when the QBWUSER.INI file is corrupted or missing.
- Maybe your operating system has an outdated version.
- An older version of the application programme for QuickBooks.
- The antivirus or firewall may be blocking the server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Failure to Open After Windows Update
Indications and signs of QuickBooks not opening after a Windows update error include the following:
- The computer screen would show an error message such as this: “QuickBooks won’t open”.
- Intermittently, QuickBooks applications will freeze for a few minutes.
- QuickBooks will not open the application.
- In addition, QuickBooks’ company files will not open either.
- Inputs such as the mouse and keyboard will respond slowly to your windows.
- The failure of the operating system.
- Windows can stop reacting altogether or react slowly.
Important things to note when not opening QuickBooks after Windows update error before fixing it.
Some of the significant things that the consumer wants to bear in mind are the following:
- Make sure you have the newest version of the programme for the QuickBooks application. If not, update it first.
- Make sure that you have installed the QuickBooks programme properly on your computer.
- Check the system’s firewall and antivirus settings. Un-check the constraints that are unnecessary.
- Update your Operating System to its most recent release.
- Check whether your operating system contains any viruses, malware, or spyware.
Solutions to Correct Failure to Open QuickBooks after Windows Update Error
Below are the solutions that help to fix QuickBooks Not Opening after error updating Windows?
Solution: 1 Open a file for a business from another destination.
- Click your keyboard’s window + E key.
- Look now for a data file with a .qbw file extension.
- Right-click on the file thereafter and pick the option ‘Copy’.
- Use the C drive to transfer and build a new folder.
- Name the folder that was newly created as ‘QBTEST’. Open the folder for QBTEST.
- Right-click on the empty space and pick the option ‘Paste’.
- Then, go to the application for QuickBooks and hold the ‘Ctrl’ key.
- Clicking the ‘Open and Restore an Existing Business’ option is required by the user.
- Finally, open the file that was pasted into the folder for QBTEST.
- Check to see whether or not the QuickBooks Not Opening problem has been fixed.
Solution 2: Remove a file called QBWUSER.INI File
- Click the ‘Windows + E’ keys to continue.
- Pick the ‘Folder and scan’ option from the ‘Organize’ tab. Go to the tab for ‘View’.
- Choose the Secret Files & Folders option in the ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Select the option ‘Display Hidden Files & Folders’ after that then press ‘Ok’. Switch to ‘My Machines’ and ‘C Push’ afterwards.
- Click on ‘Documents’ after that, then on ‘Local Settings’ and then on ‘Application Info’.
- Click on ‘Intuit’ under Application Info, and after that on ‘QuickBooks’.
- By right-clicking on that file, delete the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Check to see whether or not the QuickBooks Not Opening error has been corrected.
Solution 3: On your Desktop, install the ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub’
- First of all go to the official website of Intuit.
- After that scan for the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Download it by clicking the link for the download. Open the downloaded file afterwards.
- Follow the guidelines displayed on the screen to install the tool. Enable the required permissions in your framework for running the tool.
- Open the tool after the installation ends. From the menu, pick ‘Program Problems’. Three different tools, you would see.
- Among them, choose the ‘Quick Fix My Software’ option.
- Let your computer system scan the tool and recognize an error or problem. The problem that caused the error would immediately be fixed.
- Close the software after the scanning process ends. Shut the operating machine down.
- Restart your computer and verify whether or not the problem has been fixed.
Solution 4: Run the Install Diagnostic Tool for QuickBooks
- Open the ‘Center for QuickBooks Tools’.
- From the menu, pick ‘Installation Problems’.
- Choose the ‘Diagnostic Method QuickBooks Install’. Provide all the requisite permits for the method. On your desktop, run the tool.
- This tool can search, locate, and repair the problem that causes the error. It will take up to 15-20 minutes to complete the process.
- Close all the running programmes after the completion of the scanning process. Make your machine shut down and start again.
- Check to see whether or not the QuickBooks Not Opening error is fixed.
Hopefully the above article will help you overcome the Quickbooks not opening after the error of the Windows update. However, if you are having any trouble, feel free to contact our QuickBooks Support Phone Number team. You can also contact us by sending us an email (email@example.com) for assistance. For more information about QuickBooks, you can check out our website at www.quickbooksupport.net.