Around Hundreds of thousands of people across the world are using QuickBooks to manage their bookkeeping and accounting tasks because this innovative software backed up by efficient experts. However it is not completely free from technical errors. In this article we will learn to fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15242.
QuickBooks Error 15242 appears on the screen when to try to update or run payroll in QuickBooks. This error appears with a message specifying you cannot download and install the updates of payroll on your system. A solution process is required to get it resolved.
The possible causes of the error are:
- When the update is not completed successfully.
- When the QuickBooks FCS is corrupted and not working properly.
The solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error payroll update 15242
Solution 1- Validate your payroll subscription
- Open the QuickBooks software to perform the verification.
- After discovering the Employees click on the Payroll services
- Then click on the Billing/Account information
- Now a page is opened on your system named as QuickBooks Payroll Account Close that page.
- After closing the maintenance page it will automatically validates the subscription.
- After completing the validation process, try to download the updates
.Solution 2: Perform the clean QuickBooks installation in Selective Startup
- Press on the Windows + Rkeys altogether to launch the Run command on the screen.
- Type command MSConfig and after that click on OK
- Select the General tab and click on the Selective startup and Load system services.
- Now, locate the Services tab, and click on the “Hide all Microsoft Services” option.
- After, select the Disable all.
- Deselect the check on “Hide all Microsoft Services check”
- Then view services lists and make sure that the Windows Installer box is selected and click ok.
- In the end select the Restart option from System Configuration window.
- Once the system starts, install/uninstall/reinstall QuickBooks Desktop with clean install.
Solution 3: Perform FCS settings
- Firstly locate the QuickBooks desktop manage option
- After that select the services and applications option and then click on the services appearing on the right side of the screen’
- Discover the services entitled “Intuit QuickBooks FCS” and then double click the same.
- After that click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS properties dialog box that appears on the screen.
- And then hit Ok.
- Then, open the QuickBooks desktop and download the current updates of the product.
- Finally, update the tax tables and verify whether the error persists or not.
The above mentioned points will definitely help you fix error 15242. If still you come across any doubt in taking the subscription of payroll contact us at QuickBooks Payroll Support and you can also draft a mail of listed queries or issues you faced or struggling with on our mail id at email@example.com. Consult with our executives with the availability of all round the clock and availability geographically. They highly ask your query and then process it, after getting the solution they deliver to you the proper response of your issue. Be informed that our experts are highly qualified in their respective domains. You can also visit our website at www.quickbooksupport.net.