You might be wondering to use the payroll feature, if you are using QuickBooks then you obviously want to use every single feature of QuickBooks with the help of QuickBooks Payroll Support. To make it easy and smooth for filing the tax, there QuickBooks Desktop tries to make an updations to the forms.
But before directly proceeding to learn above described features like processing, printing and saving you must check that you have updated the latest version of QuickBooks so that it will support all latest updated files or folders in QuickBooks Desktop.
Firstly, search and process tax forms
State and Federal forms (W-2, W-3, 940, and 941)
- In the Employees menu, click on the Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s and then choose Process Payroll Forms.
- Choose to Create Form once you have selected the exact form
- Be informed that the accurate period is entered under Select Filing Period tab. You can click on Auto-Fill Contact details at the top right to populate your form. Make a note that you can also modify the details on the tax form when you view it.
- Click on OK.
- QuickBooks Desktop types the payroll data automatically into the fields on the form.
- Click to Check for Errors to search and modify the possible errors. Just double-click on the error to be redirected to its equivalent section.
- If required, compare the form to the Payroll Summary Report.
For Federal forms,
- Make a comparison to the Employee State Taxes Detailreport
- In the Reportsmenu, click on Employees & Payroll, then choose Employee State Taxes Detail
- Click to save as PDF to save a copy of the file.
- You can later open the file by going to the Saved Filings.
At this point, you can either print the form or submit it for electronic once you are enrolled for filing the service.
If you are not able to do so, please consult QuickBooks Payroll Support.
Learn to Print the Sales Tax Forms
- In the form, click on Print for Your Records
- Choose the items you are required to print. You can choose from below these:
- Tax forms only
- Tax form and filing details
- Specific forms
You may be viewed number of copies or Printer Setup if you are thinking to print forms which is not been transferred to the new printing method.
- Click on Print PDF. This opens the default PDF viewer installed on your computer. You may get prompt box to select the program so that PDF can be opened.
- If the option is not selected till now, and once you have chosen a program for opening the PDF file.
- When the form is opened with PDF reader.
To Save the Tax Forms
- Click on Save and Close so that changes made and used later on
- If you want to still continue the editing, click on the Employees menu, then click on Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s and then click on Process Payroll Forms.
- Choose the correct form, then click on Create Form.
- Open Draft so that form you had opened can be saved.
- If you want to save the changes you made in QuickBooks Desktop, click on Start New Form. A blank form will be displayed and again fill the rest of the details.
Hope, you are satisfied with the steps given by QuickBooks Payroll Support. If still you are facing issue, feel free to stay in touch with us by dialing our toll free number @ 1-800-731-1629 and you can also mail us at email@example.com.