When you are trying to make some great changes in information of company file or you can say data of your company file, you must simply either import or export data in your company file by MS Excel.
This is much more way of utilizing or updating data rather than doing it on your own inside the software. When you are trying to update or transfer a data file you must format it to prevent errors.
What is actually the Importing of data into QuickBooks?
By importing data with the help of Excel files, default templates are used which is earlier exported from POS. You are now able to convert the file format .csv to excel.
Follow the guidelines to convert:
- Click on the File menu, Choose Save As
- Click on Excel Workbook
- Choose Save as Type drop down menu
If you want error free importing in QuickBooks, you must take care of the following:
- Make sure there should be no hyphens in empty excel fields
- Clear out all empty rows and columns
- Delete all hidden columns
- Don’t use any formulas, hyperlinks, and special characters i.e.: @,#,$,%,&,* while importing
- Use “clear contents” instead of deleting information
Contact QuickBooks POS Support immediately if you are stuck in between processing of QuickBooks Data.
To Import Data
You must perform these steps before import data:
- Create a complete backup copy of your company file which you want to import
- Perform a scanning of the complete worksheet before importing.
- Look for irregularities, strange data, etc.
- Open .csv spreadsheet in notepad to see indiscretions
- Copy and then click on paste on any file which is causing some bugs by using Paste Special and then click on values
- Split up whole lengthy sheets into smaller sections
Follow the below discussed methods to Import:
Method 1: Select your template
- Check whether QuickBooks Point of Sale is opened or closed, if opened
- Close QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Right-click on the Windows Logo button on your screen and click on File Explorer.
- Reach to the specified location: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale (x.0).
- Right-click on QB POS Import Template.xls and click on Delete.
- Confirm the deletion.
If the content is not deleted, you can contact QuickBooks POS Support
Method 2: Set up and import data to Point of Sale
If first step doesn’t work out, switch to next one
- In QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale,
- Click on to File
- Choose Utilities > Click on Import.
- In the Data Import Wizard, click on Next.
- Choose the type of data you want to import then click on Next.
- Click on Default template on how you want to import the data and open the Import Template.
If you are thinking to choose a different file template for import:
- Click on Custom file then choose Next.
- Search for your saved template.
- Make sure you have selected the correct worksheet tab and what row the data has started.
- To match the columns from the import template to the Point of sale fields, you may need to map the data manually.
- Click on Choose File Mapping >
- Then select Add or Select Mapping
- Click on Manage Mappings.
- Once mapping is completed, click on Save.
- Choose Next and follow the prompts to start the import.
- Click on Next and follow the prompt.
- Once the import wizard checks the import file, click on Import.
- Close the wizard.
- To confirm for any errors, click on the File menu
- Click on Utilities
- Choose View Data Import Log.
If importing is done, you can now move to exporting data
- In QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, click on the File menu, click on Utilities
- And then click on Export.
- In the Data Export Wizard, click on Inventory Items then choose Next.
- Type the required data in the following fields:
- Select destination file – location where file is required to be saved
- Write records to (sheet) – worksheet where data must be entered
- Begin exporting data to row – row from where data should be started
- In the Choose export template, you may click on the default inventory template
- If you manage the mapping to match the details to be exported from QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on your own
- Click on Next.
- Choose Export, if the records are ready to export.
We really hope, you have managed to perform on your own. If still not able to perform contact QuickBooks POS Support toll free number @ 1-800-731-1629 and drop a mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.