If you have already logged in and set up the independent contractors for direct deposit then you must first pay them with the direct deposit.
Before paying Independent contractors via Direct Deposit confirm whether your system is meeting these requirements:
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard and Enhanced then you must check for the latest release of QuickBooks version installed and you must also log in for Direct Deposit service.
If you are accessing QuickBooks Payroll Assisted then clients using QuickBooks must update with latest version of the installation software you are using.
This service is only accessible to payroll customers who are making payments to independent contractors and therefore it should not be used to pay bills or make any payments to individuals or entities other than independent contractors.
Once you have met asked requirements for QuickBooks, and if you are thinking to pay your independent contractors direct deposits through Write Checks, follow the given methods:
If you want to pay an independent contractor using Direct Deposit, access these methods with QuickBooks Payroll Support:
- In Banking menu, click on Write Checks.
- Choose the Bank Account drop-down menu and click on your checking account.
- Select the Pay to the Order of drop-down menu and click on the independent contractor.
- Type the date on which independent contractor should be paid on Date.
- If you want to pay through Direct Deposit the pay date must not be less than two business days in the future.
- If a date less than two business days is chosen then in that case the check will automatically select the date which is available next via Direct Deposit.
- Type the amount of the check in the $ field.
- Select the Expense tab and click on the expense account.
- Confirm Pay Online option is checked.
- Choose Save and Close
- The dialog box will be displayed of Confirmation and Next Steps
- Choose the Send to Intuit so that Send/Receive window will be displayed
- If you selected Close then choose Send/Receive
- Click on Employees
- Choose Send Payroll Data
- Select Send and type your Direct Deposit PIN
- Once you are over with the transaction, a confirmation message will be displayed
Hope, you are satisfied with our revert and we have clearly described all the steps so that you can solve on your own, but if you are still stuck with it you can immediately contact QuickBooks Payroll Support @ 1-800-731-1629 and you can also connect with them via mail, you can drop a mail at email@example.com. Our leaders are so experts in their each knowledge that within fraction of seconds your query will be solved. So, get connected with us and get the benefit from the best support QuickBooks Payroll Support.