Linked with QuickBooks Desktop to upgrade your accounting to next level and to boost up your business revenue? It is easy and manageable software by reducing manpower and time for sure. Mostly, when you come across this QuickBooks Error 6000, -83 which is quite common error in QuickBooks which mostly employees face, when you are trying to open, restore or trying to take back up of your company file. You may face this error. But here our technical executives QuickBooks Customer Care Support with high level knowledge of every module of QuickBooks will surely help you out in making your files bug free.
Below mentioned are the steps to be followed when you come across this QuickBooks Error 6000, -83. Read carefully, you face this error when you are:
Method 1: Trying to take back up of your company file
- Firstly, close QuickBooks Desktop. In the File menu, click on Quit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Windows Start Menu
- Search for the “File Explorer” in search bar and then open it.
- In navigation bar, select My Computer
- Click and choose the specified drive like C: drive.
- Double click on the screen, click on New and then select folder so that you can create a new folder and you can give any name to it as per your clarification.
- Now, save the file where you created the new folder like in C: drive
- Now, by using new back up of company file you can restore the data.
Method 2: Trying to restore accompany file
At the time of restoring a company file, follow the steps of QuickBooks Error 6000, -83:
Type 1: To check your name of backup file
- Click on the Windows button on keyboard or you can also click on Windows Start menu
- Enter “ File Explorer” in search bar and click on Open File Explorer
- Search for the folder of backup file and open it.
- Double click on the file with .qbb extension and click on Rename.
- Remember not to use any special characters, symbols or spaces.
- Double click on folder with .QBB file
- Click on rename
We really hope that now your error is been sorted out perfectly. If at all you see the QuickBooks Error 6000, -83 again follow the next steps. On the offset if you are not able to able to open a company file from which you created backup, then access the portable company file to get your file restored.
Method 3: To keep company File on Windows
Type 1: To use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
You must first install and use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to scan your QuickBooks Company File, get it resolved. If still faces the same issue switch to next step.
Type 2: Restore from a back up
On the off chance if you are having back up of your company file, then you can access it to restore your company file.
Type 3: Turn off your notifications for hosting
- Click on to Open your QuickBooks on one of your workstations.
- Click on to the file menu, and scroll over Utilities
- Don’t select the Multi-User Access option.
- Switch to the next workstation.
- Click on Stop Hosting Multi User Access
- Get these steps repeated for all workstations.
Method 4: To Keep Company files on Linux Sever
If you very well know about Linux server then only you should follow the steps explained below else contact QuickBooks Customer Care Support.
Type 1: Configures your Linux Server
- Click on to open the linux Database server manager
- Restart QuickBooks Enterprise on your host computer.
- Ping your server to get the server name and IP Address.
- Click on the Start menu, or press windows button on keyboard
- Enter “ CMD “ into search bar
- Enter Ping[Linux Server name] and press Enter
- Server name and IP address should be noted down
If at all you are connected to correct IP address, then follow these steps:
- Click on Close to exit from the QuickBooks.
- In the File menu, click on Quit QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on Windows icon on your computer
- Enter File Explorer
- Open File Explorer
- Click on My Computer
- Double click on your drive C:
- Open your Windows folder
- Search for System32 folder
- Double click on file saved in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\host
- Click on Open With
- Then select Notepad.
If at all you are still facing QuickBooks Error 6000, -83 you are free to contact us @ 1-800-731-1629 at our QuickBooks Customer Care support to make your accounting hassle free, and solve out all your bugs. Our technical experts with proficient knowledge are always keen on performing any task. Hope you will reach to us for many more informative articles. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.